Student... err I mean Member Behavior!

Started by AngelKnightRay, April 22, 2005, 03:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelKnightRay

*puts on his orange Taishi glasses.*

Ah.. My BROTHERS! and My SISTERS! Like the book of genesis this new day marks a new beginning. During the past few days/week Seidou has instantaneously become rather popular. We've had a surge of new members, which I find to be rather nice. I like all of you just the same, save my mommy cause.. she rocks your socks like you're some foolish jock <_<

Anyway, Iknow it is odd for a few of the older members to accept the new members as easily as they would an ex AIC-poster, but on behalf of the moderation and admin team here at Seidou I'm asking all of you to molest each other with hugs and kisses... in a good way I can tell that a few of you are peturbed, mainly by your post and those nifty(yet annoying) reminders in my email box, so I'm telling you not to be such a stick in the mud. I'm not singling anyone out, mind you.

Also, to the new members, I am asking that you will let the older members accept you. This means no dicking around until we get to know you better. As I said, I am rather of the new blood and I wish they'd post as much as Jessi does *gives her five cookies* so do not take this post with ill intent.

My dream for Seidou is to one day accumulate as many, if not more, members as we had on AIC, but I do not think that dream would come to fruition if they are chased off by the post of old and new members alike. I'm not naming names, though I can be a bitch and say you know who you are *leers at Dan* >.> but seriously, no one has done anything wrong... I simply believe we are not allowing ourselves to come to terms with one another. We put up with annoyances daily, if something is bothering you I do not think you should automatically snap though you may find that hypocritical coming from me considering many of my great flames on AIC. *sheds a tear*(the golden days I tell you >_>) but this is not AIC. It could be, however... We, the moderation and administrative team, could turn a blind eye to every member here as Admin did and only fix what needs fixing, mod what is asked to be modded and what not but unlike admin we actually know the members here, the intent behind their post, and things of that nature. SO, what I am asking you all is to act a tad more friendly in your daily ventures, or post rather.

Take what I've said to heart as I depart. I have a date in a few hours *_* If i come home and have my evening ruined because of idiotic post and bitching.. well all hell is going to break loose <_< because then I'll give AR the link to the site and make her post often *Cough*

That is all!

Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 0817 0232 9514

50 baby charmanders that have to go fast! 10 Milotics to trade as well, all legit, that must go , go , go!

The Lonely Moon

XD Aquarian? But why? XD When you law the smack down, you lay it down hard.

Anywhoo, I feel that it is my right as a member of the board to be able to tell someone that they need to straighten up. No one likes people acting a fool. Now, I won't ever be rude or out of line, but I will tell them when they are in the wrong, according to rules or common courtesy. I've had enough.

Shin CZ

Told y'all that this place couldn't handle -one or the other- without bringing it up. XD

Ohkami

Some of us have graduated high school and no longer find such foolish and degrading behavior all that funny anymore.

I don't think anyone minds a bit of foolishness every so often, but it does get annoying when it's a common thing.

HAPPYGOLUCKY

hmmm...this place is usually pretty kick-back and PG-13 oriented. We've kinda adopted the old AIC rules of conduct.

I can't speak for all, but this is a tolerant site. But honestly, why cause drama for drama's sake? People can be themselves, but still have to conform to some form of acceptable behavior for the social group in which they're interacting. I mean, that's just comes with real life, and that's kinda the price of admission to a board, no?

There're plenty of other boards out there which are a little more wild and less regulated. I mean, perhaps people who think this place is too tame would be happier elsewhere. That's not meant in a bad way-just honest.

And Ray, I thought I was special too. ;.;
:p

Shin CZ

I find it funny that the biggest spammers here have now become the voice of this forum. Just... funny.

Dan

Quote from: Shin Mugen CZ on April 24, 2005, 02:31:10 AMI find it funny that the biggest spammers here have now become the voice of this forum. Just... funny.

The "voice" of the forum is Bob, and Bob alone.  No one here should be arrogant enough to presume to speak for us all.

HAPPYGOLUCKY

I don't think spam is the overarching concern here. It's more member conduct. And again, this isn't an attack on anyone. I thin Ray's thread is just doing what should've been done before-letting new members know the flavor of the board, so that everyone (new and old) can be happy and get along. Surely, we all want the same thing, right? If not, why come to this board at all?

And everyone together is the voice of the board-what is a board besides a collection of people? However, rules and atmosphere are set by Bob, who directs the course we take. It would be disrespectful (I think) to go against his wishes in his own board. Hopefully, nobody finds that funny.

Strannik

Quote from: Shin Mugen CZ on April 24, 2005, 02:31:10 AM
I find it funny that the biggest spammers here have now become the voice of this forum. Just... funny.

Yeah. Strange what maturity and growth can do a person, no  ;)

Back to the topic at hand, I agree with everything Ray said. I think that moderators could and should intervene if conflicts get out of hand. However, they should never resort to draconian actions such as a certain other splinter board.  ;)

Yes, I know that's hypocritical coming from a person who used to be anal about the enforcement of rules, but like I said, maturity can do funny things to a person.  ;D
AIC BBS Veteran (21.11.01), Sanctuary Recurring Haunter.

Ohkami

Like HAPPY said, it's not the spam that is annoying people. It's the contents of the posts.

Posting something foolish and degrading every so often will be most likely tolerated.

It's the fact that some of the new members, such as Bungle, are posting inappropriate things all the time.

I understand that such a thing was allowed in a spam thread/section on another board, but that doesn't mean that this board should be treated in the same way.

Not to speak for everybody else, I would be much happier if members like Bungle, would respect o concerns and not just post inappropriate posts all the time.

I don't mind the occasional inappropriate post, since we can all be guilty of such a thing.

A good board/community is built on friendship and respect.

Mango

Quote from: Shin Mugen CZ on April 24, 2005, 02:31:10 AM

I find it ironic that you were once the anal person who was totally against spam who deemed them inane.  Who, also, griped to the admin about it.  The difference between our spam at AIC and the new spam created by some new members was that we were respectful to each other and to the rules of the BBS.

I will speak for myself mainly, but I will say that we are very tolerant, but once high school antics occurs over and over, it is addressed. 

Spam is spam, I can deal with that to an extent, but I will never let disrespect get the shrug of the shoulder.   Just be lucky that Iam not a mod/admin. 

Shin CZ

Sorry mango, but I never griped to the admin about it. In any case, that kinda spam was the whole 'Post count +1' kind of posts, which still made it's way here, and still irritates me.

Mango

Dunno.  Kinda remembered you making a thread in the comments section about making a spam forum or something like that where post counts weren't increased.   If that wasn't a gripe to the admin, I don't know what it was. ::)

Anyway, this is not AIC so we shouldn't be bringing the past back up here. 

ZERO-Ryoko

Alright. We don't need anymore silly posts about who's spamming up who's thread.

I've been ptretty tolerant of the spam around this board and well, there's a small can of spam in everyone.

Everyone is guilty at that. Not just the new members. We all are.

I agree with Kami.
There's good spam and bad spam.

I'm going to lock this thread.

If anyone has any problems or conserns, PM me about them. Thanks
-_____________-