Main Menu

Just some news

Started by Borthran, September 27, 2006, 03:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borthran

I wanted to update the news on the front page since it only ever updates when we post in BBS Announcements.  And since we hardly ever actually post announcements, I figured I'd do one tonight.

Soo..since I don't actually have an announcement, I guess I'll hold a discussion amongst myself:
I dunno, does anyone have any super-awesome suggestions for the site?
Anyone want to volunteer to make super-awesome stuff for the site?
Forum doing alright?  New boards need added/removed?  Should I do something to attract new people, or do we like keeping it to the 5 of us who actually read it these days? :P

And, just in case anyone forgot:
I have [with the financial assistance of several other generous anonymous donors] gigabytes upon gigabytes of storage and bandwidth at my disposal here.. and theoretically, since being switched over to a newer server, the site should not randomly stop working as it did in the past.  So this means that if anyone wants to host pictures or videos or files or whatever they could possibly want to put online, I can give you a user logon to the server so you can do it.  Heck, you can even host your own websites here.
Join WoW

ZERO-Ryoko

I'd love to do something, but I'm tied with time on my side at the moment.

We have about a good average of 8 users who frequent the forum.  Define what this board is all about, and who the members are.. and we may eventually figure something else. It's all about getting the support.

When does your subscription end, Bob?
-_____________-

Borthran

I believe I'm up for renewal with the host in April, and I'm pretty sure I'll renew with them.  Downside is it's like $300-400 or something like that, but that's months away, so theres time to gather it :P.  I have already renewed the name "seidou.org" through August '08 I think.
Join WoW

HAPPYGOLUCKY

It all looks good to me. I think our motto should be: Seidou....fuck yeah!

And seidou.org bumper stickers.

The Lonely Moon

Death Pixie

I think Happy made some excellent suggestions. What about a mascot? XP

MissMalice

But the sticker has to be black and white, so I don't mess up the theme with my car. I think it will fit right under Siouxsie and the Banshees.

The Lonely Moon

Nooo, it has to be YABBSE Gold.

MissMalice

You can take that YABBSE gold and shove it up your huge ass.

lolakills

Quote from: Tenko Scores on October 13, 2006, 02:10:35 PM
You can take that YABBSE gold and shove it up your huge ass.

Is it really huge, or relatively huge?

All I need is some coffee to stay sharp

Borthran

It is possible to be really huge and relatively huge at the same time after all (as I suspect is the case)
Join WoW

lolakills

Quote from: bobn64 on October 15, 2006, 12:43:06 PM
It is possible to be really huge and relatively huge at the same time after all (as I suspect is the case)

Yes, you are right.  Having seen pictures, I don't think it is huge at all.

Borthran

Oh I was referring to the internal workings being relatively huge.  Clearly the outside appearances can be deceiving.
Join WoW

lolakills

Quote from: bobn64 on October 16, 2006, 12:01:03 AM
Oh I was referring to the internal workings being relatively huge.  Clearly the outside appearances can be deceiving.

Are we talking about the same thing?  Because I have to tell you, the internal workings, of what I thought I was talking about, don't really matter to me or most people...I don't mean to be shallow but, that outside appearance is what gets the looks...

The Lonely Moon

Quote from: lolakills on October 17, 2006, 06:11:53 PM
Quote from: bobn64 on October 16, 2006, 12:01:03 AM

Are we talking about the same thing?  Because I have to tell you, the internal workings, of what I thought I was talking about, don't really matter to me or most people...I don't mean to be shallow but, that outside appearance is what gets the looks...
So my inner looks are no good to you? T__________T