Seidou.org is now members-only

Started by Borthran, February 12, 2009, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I have a different password for every important site.  Entropy is low, though.

lolakills

Quote from: Dan on February 26, 2009, 09:15:07 PM
I have a different password for every important site.  Entropy is low, though.
I follow that method as well.

All I need is some coffee to stay sharp

JGZinv

"If you want to hide a leaf, hide it in a grove."

~Read or Die
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.

Quote from: Boob on February 15, 2009, 03:34:45 AM
I sign on several times a day, and I haven't had any speed or connection issues.  Perhaps your ISP is to blame?
I'd suggest trying to access via IP address to eliminate any DNS problems, but as far as I can tell, the server isn't configured to allow that.

All three PCs use Telus at two different locations with 1.5mb/s and 3.0 mb/s respectively. (Actually four, as work just replaced their old WinXP tower with Vista and I did a new install of FF3.0 today and still had this same latency issue.) However, there must be something wrong because I have now been receiving Server Time Out errors as well. Lately if I allow the site to load for three or so minutes it will eventually load, but before this last month I could count to five and it would be fully loaded. Normally if a website doesn't load that quickly I close the tab it loads on. Too bad for a lot of websites who rely on heavy resources like big image file sizes, flash, etc. Because if it's not near immediate I don't have the patience for it.

Borthran

Hmm a latency that high coupled with timeout errors.. definitely seems like something isn't resolving happily on your ISPs side.  At my office and at home, everything loads within a few seconds.
Complain to ISP!  Get free internets!
Join WoW

JGZinv

I could say something about Vista but I won't...

Oh snap.  :P
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.

Death Pixie

I'M ON A BOAT. I'M ON A BOAT. TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHERFUCKING BOAT.

lolakills

Either it is a nice boat, like the one in SNL, or someone has hijacked your account.

All I need is some coffee to stay sharp

ZERO-Ryoko

-_____________-