Main Menu

Server Issues

Started by Borthran, December 15, 2004, 03:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borthran

You all will have noticed this by the time you read this (assuming the site is still working by the time anyone reads this..), the server is "full" so to speak.
I can't log into the site control panels, I couldnt even upload that little error message page for a long time, because 0 bytes were free on the primary hard drive.? I deleted the .rar and .zip of the AIC archives to free up enough space for the server to operate for a short while.
? > side note.. I dont really know why, but it seems that when the hard drive gets full, it cannot create pages on the fly, such as the forum..
All of the functions of the forum should continue to work as long as the hard drive doesnt fill up.. (I temporarily moved its directory so the error message would work to let you know whats up in case the forum stops working again.. because I cant access any admin options v_v).
Ive sent numerous requests to the host, but it is the middle of the night, so I dont expect it will be fixed until some time tomorrow.
On the bright side, removing the aic archives temporarily allowed the php pages to be created once again.? (Earlier I couldnt access anything because of it).. so if we're lucky, normal usage of the board and whatever other sites on the server won't fill it up before the server moves stuff around (I freed 800 MB).

In the end, the site should work to some capacity at all times, to at least let you know of the status.? In the event that seidou.org doesnt load at all, try bobn64.com, as that is a straight html page that should load regardless of any of this junk.
Im not sure if they'll move us to another server or what, so I imagine theres a possibility of like an hour or two of downtime sometime over the next few days.? And of course, the next few days are the only ones that I really cant be here because of finals..

Well.. Im really tired at the moment so Im probably repeating myself by now and dont even know it? :sweat2: And remember, if the server runs out of space during your post, it won't post.. so if you type something long like this, copy it to the clipboard just in case you have to repost it later..

-Bob
"disgruntled customer of jhosts.com" :P
Join WoW

HAPPYGOLUCKY

Well, thanks for the info Bob. Appreciate your work keeping the family together. Remember, finals are more important. You don't wanna end up in some robot job working for the gov't.  :'(

AngelKnightRay

i was wondering what happened <.<

Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 0817 0232 9514

50 baby charmanders that have to go fast! 10 Milotics to trade as well, all legit, that must go , go , go!

The Lonely Moon

I took a screen cap of that little guy. Hehe.

Grate Saiyaman

Stuff happens . . . .
:-\

I thought I broke something last time I was here . . ..
:o ::)

Hope it doesn't take too long for them to get "it" fixed.

;)

Borthran

It seems fixed.. there are now several gigabytes free on the server, plus an additional drive, which is so far empty.
The forum is still in its temp directory, so I still get the error page when I use my bookmarks (but typing seidou.org will take you straight here)..? I'll fix it later tomorrow, after my project and last final are done.
Eventually I'll replace all the stuff I took down too.. (but dont tell anyone, I might get arrested :P)

I also just realized that some of the upload directories are not writable presently, so uploading avatars or attachments isnt an option until tomorrow afternoon too.  I'd like to fix it now, but journals await :ohnoes:
Join WoW