Main Menu

Jhosts sucks

Started by Borthran, May 03, 2005, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borthran

Jhosts was the old host that I used (until mid-April when it went offline for like a week).  JT also used them in the past.
I highly recommend that NOBODY EVER use that host.  Worst service ever.  I dont know if he just went on vacation or something, but fellow admins know the strange events that I encountered during the downtime.  Notably, the phone number I had for them now forwarded to some lady's personal voicemail, the server was down for several days, and all email bounced back to me (obviously, as the server was down).  It also had outages from time to time in the past that I let slide.  Now they refuse to refund any money to me at all.  (on their site they claim a 99.5% uptime guarantee, which was obviously violated, and IMO was a breach of contract).  So they presumably sent me $20 today to make up for it.  In the meantime, I still have the account until late August.  And I intend to fill it just because I can.
Unfortunately, all of the domains that I once had pointing to it have been changed to the new server, and stupid Jhosts doesnt allow IP directory access, so I have to setup another DNS name to access the things on the server.  So sometime maybe I'll do something with that space.  I have 5GB over there and I'm certainly not letting them use my 5GB for other accounts.  So what Im thinking is just a free upload sort of thing, where anyone can upload anything.  (ie public ftp uploads).  I'll post more about this later.
By the way, if anyone wants to take a chance and use the old server, be my guest.  I'll get you set up if you have a DNS name.
Just wanted to let everyone know how much the old host sucked, and how I have all this spare space to use till August if anyone has ideas.
Join WoW

Mr. ZeroRyoko1974

I got a gigs worth of H I can put there, they will love that  :hehehe:

Ohkami

Grate Saiyaman

Does it really matter?

;D

Dan

Quote from: Mr. ZeroRyoko1974 on May 03, 2005, 07:15:14 PMI got a gigs worth of H I can put there, they will love that :hehehe:

That's just sick... o_O

Offical H Website

Mr. ZeroRyoko1974

Quote from: Dan on May 04, 2005, 03:11:26 AM
Quote from: Mr. ZeroRyoko1974 on May 03, 2005, 07:15:14 PMI got a gigs worth of H I can put there, they will love that :hehehe:

That's just sick... o_O

Offical H Website
:yousocrazy: :ninja: :chair: :ohnoes:
Quote from: Ohkami on May 03, 2005, 07:17:10 PM
What kind?
All kinds?  Well all kinds except for alternative stuff (guro, prego, egg laying, etc etc)