Glitches - Please Read

Started by Dan, November 09, 2005, 09:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Okay, thanks to someone messing up somewhere along the line in the SMF team, my planned upgrade to the 1.1RC did not work.  As a result I have had to rescue the BBS from backups and other files.  There are still problems all over the place: PMs can be sent but cannot be read (I will have to look into that later) and various other sections are not working properly.  I need to sleep right now but I'll work on it tomorrow.

I don't suppose anyone can point out other problems they encounter?  Posting should be working fine, I have not seen any problems with that.

(You see 1.1RC rewrites the database so I have to get back to 1.0.5 by hand, which is tedious)

Saucer

Will do. Thanks for all your hard work Dan! ^.^

Doan fsck around with t3h Natsume sisters....

ZERO-Ryoko

aye aye, captain!
Sorry, I haven't really been around as of late..
*sobs*
-_____________-

Dan

Okay, I think all the problems should be fixed.  There is going to be one persistant glitch that people may or may not notice.  The board uses UTF-8 encoding but the SQL backup I made did not use UTF-8 encoding (serves me right for using the SMF utility and not getting the backup from the database itself) so there will be ISO/Unicode encoding errors in all the past posts.  They are unrecoverable unless someone goes through all the posts by hand and changes them by hand which is unresonable.  The errors are also in signatures but that can be fixed by just re-entering the text and saving it.

ZERO-Ryoko

-_____________-

HAPPYGOLUCKY

Dude, Dan, I understood 1% of what you just said. And that was mostly the words "the", "and", and some of the punctuation. But, thanx for fixing...whatever you said was broken. I'll just take your word for it and be greatful that you're on our side. >.>

ZERO-Ryoko

-_____________-

Dan

I know about it (I knew about it before people found it, but I could not be bothered to look into it).  I'll take a look into it later. >_>

ZERO-Ryoko

oh, no rush. I just wanted to report a glitch~ <3
-_____________-

ZERO-Ryoko

-_____________-

Dan

That's because I have not yet put back all the custom BBCode into the Subs.php file.  I used a clean version while trying to fix all the problems.  I should be able to put them back in when I get back home (and then my sig can return).

ZERO-Ryoko

lol
awesome.
thanks man, Much appreciated. :-*
-_____________-

lolakills

Dude, something weird happened today, I got something like 15 email messages, all duplicates, from a PM posted on the site.

All I need is some coffee to stay sharp

Borthran

Um the host was having some problems with their email server being massively spammed earlier, so they queued all of the outgoing email messages and shut the server up for a while to work out where it was coming from and stuff.. I guess when it came back online it ended up sending the queued messages multiple times.  That's why the site was down yesterday too.. some doof out there was messing with the host.
Join WoW

lolakills

I see, I just got another 29 emails for the same message!  Oh, the horror!

All I need is some coffee to stay sharp